HAPPY FRIYAY VEGAN LOVAS!!! We should all pat ourselves on the back for making it through this week (or year) I decided to spend my Friday in project mode and work on these delish @oreo cookies and cream pop tarts bc as @iamtabithabrown says – THAT’S MY BUSINEZZZ ? as some of y’all know – as soon as I found out Oreos were vegan (last week) there was no stopping this brain from working OT to create some super decadent, super sweet and SUPA VEGAN desserts! wanting to recreate? here’s how below. Check out my how-to video here.
OREO COOKIES AND CREAM POP TARTS ??Course: SweetCuisine: American
Oreo’s. In. A. Pop-tart. Need I say more?
- Pastry Dough
2 cups flour
2/3rd’s cold vegan butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3-6 tbs ice cold water
2/3rd cup vegan @kitehillfoods cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
5-7 chopped Oreos
1 cup powder sugar
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp plant milk
1 tsp vanilla
- Pastry Dough
- Start by adding your flour, salt and cinnamon
- Begin to cut your cold butter into the flour with a fork until it becomes a sandlike consistency
- Next, add your ice cold water 1 tbs at a time (be sure not to over water, add more flour if so)
- Roll the dough into a ball and place on a floured surface. Begin to roll the dough into a rectangle shape
- Using a tea bag container for shape ( or any small rectangular box) and a knife begin to cut even rectangle squares
- Combine filling ingredients and set to the side
- Add 1 tbsp of the filling mixture to the center of the 1 pastry rectangle dough
- Using your finger, gently wet the edges of the pastry dough and add another rectangular dough on top
- Press the two together the edges with your fingers first and with a fork second.
- Place 3 slots into the dough, brush melted vegan butter and sprinkle sugar on top before baking @ 375 for 20 – 25 mins ( sugar optional)
- Once cooled, combine all icing ingredients, ice and add oreos the top of the pop tarts – enjoy!
- Please keep in mind that pastry dough is a little drier and does not need an excess of water!