If sweet and spicy got married it would be this dish! One of my ALL TIME fav dishes from Thai restaurants ?. So happy I got to recreate one of my ultimate cravings and make it vegan! Anyone who said vegan food was lacking flavor must have been seriously disturbed ??♀️ super quick, super easy and super flavorful. Heres a video on how-to here!
CURRY FINE-APPLE FRIED RICE?
1 whole pineapple (cubbed)
2 1/2 cups Thai rice
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup chopped bell peppers
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 white onion (minced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 cup tofu
1/2 cup vegetable broth
4 tbsp curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions and set to the side
- Cut pineapple in half and scoop out pineapple’s inside, save pineapple juice, cube pineapple and save pineapple shell as a bowl.
- In a large skillet add oil, curry, garlic, cashews and onion and sauté until fragrant.
- Next add broccoli florets, cubbed pineapple and chopped bell pepper along with the leftover pineapple juice
- Sauté for 5 minutes and add vegetable broth and sauté until a rolling boil
- Meanwhile break up the tofu to an egg consistency
- Place tofu in a pan with oil and curry powder and sauté until fragrant.
- Add cooked rice and tofu to the vegetable mixture and mix until well blended. VOILA!