BOMB.COM CHICK’N SALAD!
Ohhhhh my goodness, guys – I have to admit I have outdone myself this time!! So incredibly simple and delicious – the hardest part is allowing it to cool down before you eat it all!! I know a lot of people use garbanzo beans as the substitute for vegan chicken salads but I felt that jackfruit has the perfect shredded chicken consistency! Why has no one ever thought of this before! Or maybe they have and I’m tooting my own horn – toot toot! Everyone enjoy this recipe – I know this will be a staple at the blkandvegan residence. Oh and Fabio approves!
BOMB.COM CHICKEN SALAD!Course: Lunch, dinnerCuisine: American
Quick, easy and delicious!!
1 can jackfruit
2 springs fresh thyme
1 spring fresh rosemary
2 cloves fresh garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp vegan butter
1 tbsp vegetable broth
2 – 3 tsp Trader Joes chicken-less chicken seasoning
1/2 tsp fresh pepper
1/2 tsp salt
- Chick’n Salad
Veganaise – (enough to cover)
1 tsp mustard
1 spring green onion
1/4th red onion
handful of fresh cilantro
- Chick’n Prep
- Begin by draining, washing and shredding your jackfruit, ensuring you take out the seed-like buds and just leaving the shredded jackfruit texture behind.
- Pat dry your jackfruit – COMPLETELY!
- In a medium skillet, add in your olive oil, butter, garlic, thyme and rosemary and cook until fragrant (about five minutes)
- Add in your jackfruit and season with your chicken-less seasoning, salt and pepper and cook for about 8-10 minutes on medium heat adding in your vegetable broth halfway through to ensure that its absorbed by the jackfruit. IMPORTANT – YOU DON’T WANT ANY EXCESS JUICES.
- Place your jackfruit in the fridge for at least one hour – better longer!
- Chick’n Salad
- Grab your jackfruit out the fridge and add in your Veganaise (enough to cover your jackfruit) and mustard
- Chop your green/red onion and cilantro and add to your jackfruit bowl
- Thoroughly mix and add in salt and pepper to taste!
- ENJOY! On a sandwich, salad or wrap!
- Feel free to place chicken salad in the fridge for later use!