YEAH, I SAID IT ? Say hello to literally the best vegan crab cakes eva!! Remember when I said being vegan doesn’t have to equal boring? Well, this meal definitely hit the mark of creative, savory, and honestly SO DANG GOOD!!! Oh, and did I mention it’s 100% #plantbased? These are made with heart of palm which gives these zingiest crab cakes the perfect crab-like texture! so happy I gave heart of palm a try and def will make again ?? literally the best Father’s Day brunch! I served it over a bed of grits and sautéed garlic kale – so yum! Swipe to see my vegan brunch ? and to all the vegan lova dads out there – happy Father’s Day! Video on my how-to here.
VEGAN CRAB CAKES!Course: Savory, Brunch, Dinner, LunchCuisine: American
Smokey, lemony crab cakes! So delish – this is a staple that you would never want to let go!
1 can heart of palm
2 small individual seaweed strips (sliced)
1/4 red and green bell pepper (thinly minced)
1/4 white onion (thinly minced)
1-2 springs dill (minced)
2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tsp Apple cider vinager
1/4 cup almond flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Seasonings – To Taste
Red chili flakes
- Begin with taking the heart of palm out of the can and washing in cold water – begin to break it down to a crab consistency and chop to make more fine
- Add in your seaweed, bell pepper, garlic, onion, dill, apple cider vinegar, & lemon juice
- Next add your seasonings and 1/4th almond flour (can sub for any flour) and mix thoroughly
- Mix your panko, nutritional yeast and garlic powder and dip your cakes into the batter on both sides
- Spray each side with canola oil and place in the air fryer @ 370 for 15 minutes or you can fry them in a skillet until golden brown on each side and VOILA!