FLUFFY VEGAN BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
Pillsbury who?! Made with 8 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS. These vegan biscuits literally hit the spot! whether you like sweet, savory or a combination of both they are the perfect treat. I love to pair mine with some jam and vegan bacon ( I’m a sweet and savory kinda girl). Side note: day three of only eating carbs and I’m going strong! Video on how I did the darn thing here!
FLUFFY VEGAN BUTTERMILK BISCUITSCourse: Savory, Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: American
2 1/4 cup flour
8 Tbs cold butter
1 cup vegan milk ( I used almond)
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 tbs baking powder
2 tsp sugar
1 1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Place pre-measured flour, almond milk and butter into the freezer to chill for 10 minutes
- Once chilled, begin with making the “buttermilk” by placing apple cider vinegar into a measuring cup and adding vegan milk. whisk and place into the freezer to chill while you make dry ingredients
- Whisk flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and soda into a large mixing bowl. take butter and add to the bowl of dry flour
- Using a fork mix the flour until it become a crumb like consistency. quickly take out the buttermilk from the freezer ( removing a 2 tbs for later use) and add it to middle of the crumb like flour. mix gently until it forms into a loaf ( keep in mind to not over work the dough)
- Flour your working station and place dough on fresh floured surface. Fold the dough into three ( on edge on top of another – dm me for questions) and roll dough into a 2 inch thickness.
- Using a biscuit cutter or a cup, begin to pierce the dough. Important: be sure not to twist as you cut the dough could prevent the dough from rising
- Place biscuits into the freezer for 10 minutes before baking
- Place them on the pan brush them over with excess buttermilk
- Cook them in the oven for 16-21 minutes @ 430 checking as you go.
- ENJOY VEGAN LOVAS –