Everyone say it with me, “marinated tofu is my friend.”!!!!!!!! Tofu is one of those products that come with absolutely no flava – but the blessing in that is you can make the flava all your own!!! This is my first time investing in marinating tofu and it makes ALL the difference ?? A HUGE TIP: Marinate your tofu overnight – if you don’t have time no worries, but if you do it creates a huge change in the tofu! literally took 15 mins to assemble and 5 to chow down ? This sandwich reminds me that being vegan doesn’t mean you take out simple dishes you would regularly have – it just means that you veganize it up a little!!! Ok so here’s what’s in the sandwich other than the spicy, scrumptious, (dare I say) crispy, marinated tofu – avocado, carrots, purple onion, cherry tomatoes, marinated lemon kale, sprouts, and spicy hummus all sandwiched between two wheat bread slices ? oh and I always add a drizzle of olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to ALL my sandwiches and wraps ?? deets for the tofu below! have a good day vegan lovas! Oh, and my how-to video can be found here!
SPICY TOFU SANDWICHCourse: Savory, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: American
Marinated tofu is our friend!
1/2 extra firm tofu sliced into thick wedges
1 tbsp olive oil
- Seasonings – To Taste
Red chili flakes
Whole grain wheat bread
1/2 avocado mashed
1 tbsp spicy hummus ( ot any of your liking)
1 whole carrot (peeled)
1/4th red onion
5 cherry tomatoes halved
Lemon infused kale
- Take slicked tofu and season with above seasonings, add to a ziplock bag and add your oil. marinate over night
- Simply place delish tofu on air fryer (or oven sheet) @ 400 for 12-15 (if using oven sheet flip half way through)
- VOILA ADD IT TO ANYTHING!!
- Place marinated tofu in the air fryer or oven
- Toast your bread to your liking
- Lay down your hummus on one side and mashed avocado on the other
- Lay your veg on one side of the sandwich layering you your liking
- By this time your tofu should be completed – add to the opposite side of your bread
- Optional – add salt, pepper, 1 capful olive oil and a dash vinager. Enjoy!
- Tip: you can drain tofu further by placing a heavy object on top and allowing it to drain for 15 – 30 mins prior to cutting the tofu into slices – I didn’t bc I was lazy ?