VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICE ROLLS!!!!!
Oh yeahhhhh! It’s that time of year where we all turn into pumpkins because of the excessive amounts of pumpkin around us. Although the Aquarius in me would love to go against the grain, I can’t help but fall in love with all the PUMPKIN LOVE! So with that being said, I took it upon myself to make the best eva Vegan Pumpkin Spice Rolls (eek!!!) and I am OBSESSED with these pups! They are like Cinnamon Rolls but on steroids and I am sooooo into that and I hope you all are too. This seasonal roll is topped with vegan cream cheese icing and is perfect if you are looking to bring the smell of autumn into your home! Literally the perfect balance of cinnamon, pumpkin, and deliciousness (once again is that a word?)! Ok no more of me gabbing, let’s get into the recipe.
Oops, and did I mention if you want Cinnamon Crusted Rolls click here. You can’t go wrong! Enjoy Vegan Lovas!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Rolls!Course: Breakfast, DessertCuisine: American
PUMPKIN. SPICE. ROLLS!!!!!!!!!
4 – 4 1/2 cups flour (plus more for working the dough)
1 packet active dry yeast
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup vegan milk
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4th cup white sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
4 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning or apple pie seasoning – divided
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4th tsp almond extract
1/2 cup vegan butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning or apple pie seasoning
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1/4th cup vegan cream cheese
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp water
2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl add your vegan milk and butter and microwave until about 110 degrees ( about 2-3 minutes). Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add your pumpkin puree, 2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 1/4ths cup sugar, and 1/4th almond extract and whisk until well combined!
- Add your pumpkin mix to your butter mixture and whisk until combined. Ensure it is still around 110 degrees if not microwave together for another minute.
- Next add your active dry yeast to the mixture, whisk and set aside for about 2-5 minutes while the mix gets frothy.
- In a separate bowl, add 4 cups of flour, salt and 2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning and whisk.
- Add in your wet mix to your flour and mix until combined.
- On a clean, floured surface knead your dough until you create a smooth ball ( if it still feels too sticky feel free to add more flour 1/2 at a time until you can make it a clean ball!) and place your ball into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a towel and place in the oven on warm for 1 hour
- Next, take your dough out of your bowl (should be doubled in size) and knead on a clean floured surface into a rectangle – roll your rectangle out into a 1/2 inch thickness
- Combine all your filling ingredients and add an even layer to your dough! I like to dash cinnamon on top as well.
- Roll at the base of the dough ( tightly but gently) until you get a giant log – trim off uneven tips and begin to slice your log into 1 inch rolls and set on a oiled cake tin
- Once again, cover your cake-tins with a towel and set them in the oven on warm for 30 minutes for their final poof! Almost done!
- Now its time to bake! Set your oven to 350 and set your perfect rolls in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes and voila!
- To make the icing, combine all ingredients and pour on top of your rolls fresh out of the oven!
- Flour and dough can be tricky! If your dough feels a little too wet don’t be afraid to add more flour in 7 or 8! Cooking is an art – I always have 1 cup of flour extra just in case I need it 🙂