Mexican and Italian food combined in one pie ??? I could just go to heaven now! I had the idea of this “Mexican” pizza for a while now and I’m so happy that I put it to the test last night!!! Spicy soyrizo, roasted sweet potato base, veggies, onions & feta oh my!!!! (vegan feta that is) Let’s not forget I topped it with my fav combo of @foragerproject sour cream and @tialupitafoods salsa verde sauce ?? It was sweet, savory and spicy all at the same dang time!!! Do y’all see my fancy pizza pan ? ( also another reason why I couldn’t wait to make some pizza!!) Anyways all the details are below! enjoy! Video for my how-to here.
SPICY SOY-RIZO PIZZA ?Course: Savory
Italian and Mexican or Mexican and Italian?!?!?!? However you want to put it, its delish!
1 pack pre-made pizza dough
1/2 soyrizo pack
1/4 purple onion
1/4 yellow squash
3 cloves garlic (sliced)
1 handful squash
1 tbsp melted vegan butter + 1 tsp basil
1-2 tsp taco seasoning pack
1 tsp olive oil
1 slice tofu + salt, pepper, garlic powder + 1-2 tsp apple cider = feta
1/2 sweet potato
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4th – 1/2 cup veg broth
- Place your pre-made dough on a floured surface – set your oven to 400 degrees
- Roast your sweet potato with olive oil and seasonings and roast for 30-40 minutes (or until tender)
- Meanwhile – prep your veggies
- Begin to work your dough (if still too elastic needs to rest more) and place on an oiled pizza pan or sheet pan
- Microwave your butter with basil and lather on the crust of your dough. your yams should be tender, take it out of the oven and place in a blender with your veg broth and blend until you get a smooth consistency
- Set your oven to 475 (or whatever your pre-made doughs cooking temp is)
- Lay the sweet potato mixture at the base of your dough and add your vegetables. Drizzle a light layer of olive oil over the top and and your Mexican seasonings. place in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- While that’s in the oven – cook your soyrizo.
- Once it comes out of the oven, layer with more butter around the edges and add soyrizo, sour cream, & feta