#Stressbaking has officially commenced and my oven is completely done with me. I have stuck something new in that thing at least twice a day (lol). I have to say out of all the creations these apple pie rolls are worth sharing! They are so darn good that you will forget what you were stressed about. Delicious buttery rolls stuffed with apple pie filling and topped with vegan cream cheese frosting? Sign me up, please!
These are the perfect treats to enjoy alone or with some vanilla ice cream on top (drool!). They can please any crowd for the upcoming holidays or honestly be enjoyed for a party of one! Feel free to stick these in your fridge and go back for up to a week. Ok, I promised I would never gab too much on my website. So without further a due, I present Apple Pie Rolls!!!!!!!
APPLE PIE ROLLS!Course: Breakfast, DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Apple pie in a roll. Case closed.
2 cups almond milk – warm
1/2 cup melted butter – warm
1/4th cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 packet active dry yeast
4 1/2 – 5 cups flour
Salt to taste
3/4th cup brown sugar
3/4th cup vegan butter
1 tsp apple pie seasoning
1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
1 large apple ( pick any you’d like!) peeled and diced
- Cream Cheese Icing
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4th vegan cream cheese
1 tbsp vanilla
2-3 tbsp water
- Microwave your butter and vegan milk together until they are warm (120 – 130 degrees)
- In a large bowl, whisk almond milk, melted butter, vanilla extract and sugar. Make sure your ingredients aren’t too hot
- Sprinkle yeast evenly over mixture and whisk – let sit for 5 mins or less (while yeast gets frothy)
- Slowly add 4 1/2 cups flour and salt to the butter mixture & mix with a wooden spoon until combined
- Add 1/2 cup flour and lightly kneed the dough until it doesn’t stick to the sides of your bowl and you can form into a ball
- Place dough mixture in a lightly oiled bowl and place a towel over the bowl for 1 hour as it doubles in size
- Place dough on a clean, lightly floured surface, knead into a rectangle and roll the dough to 1-inch thickness
- Time to make your filling. Combine your brown sugar, butter, apple pie and pumpkin spice seasoning ingredients and cover all sides of the dough! Add your chopped applies and place evenly over the dough.
- Roll at the base roll the dough evenly until you get a giant log – trim off uneven tips
- Starting at the middle, cut the log into half and slice the dough into 1 inch thick rolls
- Place the rolls on a well oiled cake pan and set them in your oven on “warm” wrapped in a towel for 30 minutes to double in size
- After 30 minutes, take your rolls out of the oven and set your oven to 350 degrees, and cook your rolls for 25 mins or until golden brown.
- Combine all icing ingredients and add to rolls once fresh out of the oven.