Here’s some fun / quick BBQ inspiration for everyone!! I was racking my brain on how I can spend my first vegan Memorial Day – since I’m so used to the pre-vegan bbq’s but I have to say this BBQ Jackfruit burger is so satisfying BAYBEE!I Def don’t miss meat AT ALL! Here are some deets for the sandwich: I used reg deg buns with @followyourheart vegenaise on top & avocado on the bottom, @thejackfruitco pre-made BBQ jackfruit (can be found @safeway ) topped with some homemade coleslaw – 1/4th purple cabbage, less than 1/4th green cabbage, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp lemon, salt & pep, and 1/2 cup @followyourheart vegenaise. SO SIMPLE, SO QUICK AND SOOOO VEGAN!!! Also had some simple roasted corn and wedges to top the meal off!! I hope everyone has a beautiful (quarantined) Memorial Day!
BBQ JACK SANDWICHCourse: Savory, Dinner, LunchCuisine: American, Southern
Simple, flavorful and BBQ worthy! See notes if you don’t have the Jackfruit Co Brand near you!
1 pack Jackfruit Co Marinated BBQ Jackfruit
1-2 tsp vegenaise
1 whole avocado
2 bun sets
- Cole Slaw
1/4th purple cabbage – chopped
less than 1/4th green cabbage – chopped
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp lemon
salt & pep
1/2 cup @followyourheart vegenaise.
- Combine all coleslaw ingredients and set in fridge
- Grab a skillet and place 1 tsp of oil and cook your jackfruit for 10 – 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, toast your buns and ice them with avocado and veganeise
- Gently lay your jackfruit on the bottom buns and place a handful of coleslaw on top of each bun
- Combine and enjoy!
- If you dont have the Jackfruit Co-brand near you – you can make your own! Pick up 1 can of jackfruit – rinse drain and shred your jackfruit. Make sure to marinade in 1 -2 cups of your fav BBQ sauce the night before and set in the fridge overnight to soak in flavors. if you’re in a rush no worries – just throw the BBQ sauce and jackfruit all together and cook that thang! Voila!